At Copywriter Exchange, your privacy and the security of your data are a top priority. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. This Privacy and Data Security Policy describes the privacy policies applicable to Copywriter Exchange’s business operations and websites. Effective December 1, 2022.
Why We Collect Personal Information: We collect personal information because our customers have retained us to collect and maintain it. We also collect personal information to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service.
Information We May Collect:
- Information You or Your Organization May Provide. One of Copywriter Exchange’s primary services is to collect informations. We also obtain this information from transactions you initiate with us and some of our business partners and from the information you provide to us.
- Information You Submit. Among other things, when you submit a news item about yourself, make a payment, register for an event, request specific information, submit a resume, send email, or another form of communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and enhance your experience with us and our customers.
- Cookies. Like so many other company and organization websites, we use an Internet device called a cookie and other technologies to store login or other information on your computer, mobile phone, or other device. Cookies and other technologies simplify your access and make our website work for you. In some instances, we offer you the choice of having your user name stored in a cookie so that you do not have to reenter it when you return to this site. We do not store bank account information or credit card numbers in cookies. No other site can read a cookie, and we cannot read a cookie that another website wrote to your computer. Most Internet browsers are set to accept cookies. To fully use our website, you must enable your Internet browser to accept cookies. If you choose not to accept cookies, some aspects of this website may not display properly, or you may not be able to access certain information.
- Log Information. When you access our website, our servers automatically record information your browser sends to us. We collect some non-personally identifiable information about your experience with our website through standard weblogs, including IP address, what browser is being used, pages you visit, and the domain name from which you entered our site. Some data may be traced to an individual, but we do not normally seek to identify individuals unless we believe that someone is using our site improperly.
Information Sharing: We never rent, sell or provide any personally identifiable information about you to other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you or our customers have requested, when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- Publicly Available Information. Certain categories of information, such as your name, profile photo, mailing address, phone number, and email address, are considered publicly available and may be published on the Internet. If you post information on any Copywriter Exchange-developed website, you should be aware that information you share is visible to other users and the general public. Personal information you submit might be read, collected, or used by other individuals.
- Authorized Service Partners. To protect your confidential information, we only work with companies, vendors, and strategic partners that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of the information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell to other third parties the information we provide to them. In order to serve your needs, we may share information with trusted service providers who perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited to:
- Credit card processors and financial institutions when necessary to process payments made by you and to comply with applicable law;
- Lawyers and collection agents only when instructed and authorized by our customers to fulfill the terms of our agreement with our customers;
- The U.S. Post Office, overnight delivery couriers, and other printing, mail house, and communications specialists in order to communicate with you;
- Trusted companies, vendors, and strategic partners with whom Copywriter Exchange or one of your Affiliated Member-Based Organizations has a strategic relationship or that performs work for Copywriter Exchange or one of your Affiliated Member-Based Organizations to provide products or services to you.;
- Companies that provide products or services that you have requested.
- Website Applications & Services. Copywriter Exchange-developed websites may contain links and applications to other websites, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and others. We do not own third-party applications you use or interact with through any Copywriter Exchange-developed website. By using these third-party links, applications, and services, you may make some information about you available to them. To help those applications and sites operate, they may receive publicly available information automatically when you visit them, and additional information when you formally authorize or connect your account with a Copywriter Exchange-developed website to them. You should review the privacy policies for these specific applications and websites for more information. Should you find a link to information you find objectionable, please contact us. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Copywriter Exchange.
- User-Generated Content. Some of our website features enable users to submit their own content to access or comment on blogs, contests, videos, message boards, and other functions (“User-Generated Content”). Please remember that any information you disclose in this capacity becomes public information and is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals for any purpose. Copywriter Exchange is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit as User-Generated Content. Any User-Generated Content, comments, or materials you post to a website or send to us, including feedback data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of any such documents (collectively “Feedback”), shall be deemed to be non-confidential. We shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products incorporating such Feedback.
- Legal Situations. We may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal or civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to defend against legal claims, to prevent imminent bodily harm, to protect and defend the rights and property of Copywriter Exchange, our customers, and others, to take action regarding illegal activity and to enforce our website terms, conditions and policies.
Web Site Data Collection. A visitor to the Copywriter Exchange website or customer websites developed by Copywriter Exchange who does not log-in, request information, or initiate a transaction, is not asked to reveal any individually identifiable information. We collect some non-personally identifiable information about visitors through standard weblogs, including IP address, what browser is being used and the domain name from which a visitor entered our site. Some data may be traced to an individual, but we do not normally seek to identify individuals unless we believe that someone is using a Copywriter Exchange site improperly.
Privacy of Children. The Copywriter Exchange website and services provided by Copywriter Exchange are not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our website in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
Visiting from Outside the United States. Copywriter Exchange is headquartered in the United States of America. Please be aware that any information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of services provided by Copywriter Exchange may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data collection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any Copywriter Exchange-developed website or providing us your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.